Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shopping Sale Day

Waking up to a thunderstorm, oh my favorite morning. Seems to be that the kids all enjoy staying in bed these days, so our first visitor to mom and dads bed arrived at 8:30, joy joy. We had breakfast then my daughter, my mother, niece and I made our way to the mall for shopping. Clothes for the coming school year. I can't believe that we are in the middle of July already.

I was able to can 6 more quarts of beans today. Stock piling for winter. I also enjoyed picking snap peas and eating some along the way.

Supper was started right after lunch today. I have a Moroccan Stew for the stove, but inspiration from the Crock Pot Lady, I transferred it to the crock pot.



Moroccan Beef Stew













  • -1 pound chuck roast, chopped
  • -3 carrots, chopped
  • -1 Yellow Squash
  • -2 pints of tomatoes
  • -2 potatoes, chopped
  • -1 can of chickpeas
  • -1 zucchini
  • -3 cloves garlic, minced
  • -1/2 t. pepper
  • -salt
  • -1 t. red pepper flakes
  • -1/2 coriander powder
  • -1 t. cumin
  • 1/2 cinnamon stick

Place all in crock pot and cook on low 8-9 hours. Serve with couscous, yum.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Hi Sabrina! Thanks for stopping over to my blog. So neat to see our similarities go beyond the name. I don't think I've ever even met a Sabrina before. Anyway, can't wait to read more here.