Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Busy Summer Day


Recapping what I tried to start yesterday but just could not find the time nor energy. My 4 kids and I started our day out trying to decided what to do. Since the weather was projected to be HOT, my kids don't like HOT, we decided to do a few craft projects until it cooled down. We headed to the Fabric Store and picked up a few different kinds of fabric, some to make into reusable gift bags and the other was fleece for a new blanket for Evan, son #1. He picked out black and neon green, ohhh. We brought the fabric home and cut strips and tied, the whole blanket took 1.5 hours to tie and cut and is a twin sized.

We played the rest of the afternoon outside. 3:30 arrrived and I did not have plans for supper. I opened up the deep freeze and searched though the milk crates of chicken, pork, beef, hamburger and fish, I selected thick cut pork chops. I defrosted them and tried to decide what to put on them. Well fruit always tastes good, but I have limited amount of apples at the present time. So I searched the pantry. This is what I am up with.
  • 1 can of cranberry sauce
  • 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
  • 3 T spoons of crushed garlic ( we love garlic, and my father swears it keeps the mosquitos away)
  • 4 pork chops.

I mixed the first 3 ingredients up and poured over the chops in pan, placed in oven @350 for 60 minutes. Served over jasmine rice with sugar snap peas on the side, YUM YUM.

Off to Sidney's softball game at the newest softball diamond in town, so there are no trees. Too much sun. I was crocheting a new washcloth out of some yarn Sidney found in my closet. The girls on her team were so intrigued that they paid way too much attention to what I was doing. Most of the girls said that they had never seen anyone do this. That saddened me! Sidney is learning to crochet with a very large hook but still does not have the dexterity down, but it is coming along quite nicely.

No comments: