Saturday, September 13, 2008

Diapers



Disposable no way. Cloth all the way. When Sidney was born I was introduced to the prefold kind by my mother, used them for a small time period and they were just not for me. Then I was introduced to the new cloth by a friend. I was directed to the webside Montana Diaper Store and fell in love. Cloth diapers are not only good for the environment but also good for your babies butt's. You life does include 2-3 extra loads of laundry each week, but it is worth it in my mind.


We use a large wet bag that after emptying the solids into the toilet, pulling the liners out and velcoring the entired diaper around itself, we then unvelcor and throw them into the large wet bag and empty into the washer, while using the bag as a glove so you don't have to touch the diapers.
We stuff and fold after washing and store them in the bathroom cabinet until ready to use. For wipes we use reuseable ones as well. We wash with the diapers and then fold and store in cabinet. We use a LionHeart wipe warmer with the solution of 2 cups water, 2-3 squirts of Tea Tree oil Dr. Bronners Soap and 2 drops of Lavender oil. The wipes are wonderful for wiping the butt and get everything off, just like receiving a sponge bath.
I always educate on cloth diapers and have convinced a few friends to change over, but like I say cloth is not for everyone, so if it is not for you, I am doing it for you......

3 comments:

Kristin-Homemaker@Heart said...

When/if I get pregnant again, we're soooo using cloth diapers!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have used cloth with my 3rd and wish I would have looked into them for my first two. I use Bum Genius and love them. They do not recemend desiten and was wondering if you use a rash ointment?

Sabrina said...

I have used Aquaphor on baby butts for the longevity of my kids diaper butts. No problems with the diapers and leaking.