Saturday, August 9, 2008

Prep Day

Today was a late start to the day, we all stayed up and watch Nims Island, great movie.

I started today out with making 3 casserole dishes to keep my family feed while I am gone long hours Monday through Thursday. I am attending a Perinatal conference and have to leave my home each morning at 5:15 to get to the facility by 7:15. Oh my will I be tried, and my personal milk supply both at the breast and in the freezer will take a big hit.

I was able to can another 6 pints of beans and prep both lunch and dinner so that the afternoon was free to play.

The casserole recipes listed below, and they will keep in the fridge for a few days, otherwise they can be frozen.

Casserole #1 Tuna Casserole
3 Cans of Tuna
1 cup frozen peas
1 box of noodles, cooked

3 T butter melted with 3 T flour, add 1 1/2 cups milk to mixture, salt and pepper. When thick, add 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Pour over Tuna, peas and noodles,

Warm in oven 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. You can crush up Ritz crackers if you wish.

Casserole #2 Poor man's Lasagna
1 Can of Sauce
1 pound of Hamburger, plus cooked sausage that I had in fridge
1 box of noodles, cooked
1 T oregano
1 T Basil
1 bag of mozzerela cheese

You can add chopped peppers, pepperoni, squash, ect if you wish

Warm again in oven 15-20 minutes, 350 degrees.

Casserole #3 Tator Tot Hot Dish
1 pound hamburger, cooked
2 cans of green beans
1 can of corn
1/2 cup of sour cream
2 cans of cream of mushroom
1 cup of cheddar cheese

Mix above ingredients then place an entire bag of tator tots on top, cook in oven 350 degrees, 30 minutes or until tator tots are crispy.

No comments: